Our focus for funding is improving the lives of those who have Mental Health, Developmental Delay, or Substance Abuse issues. Grant priorities include: infrastructure to the private provider service network; start up and service provision grants; scholarships to enhance the quality of the provider network; public awareness/education; and advocacy on behalf of consumers and the provider network.
The Evergreen Foundation was formed in 1977 as a separate not-for-profit company by the Board of Smoky Mountain Mental Health. The purpose of the Foundation was to provide a place to hold funds that could later provide financial support of their mental health, developmental disability and substance abuse services. In keeping with that purpose, the Foundation continues to provide this same support to the private service providers now responsible for all of the behavioral health, intellectual/developmental disability and substance abuse services in the seven western counties of North Carolina.
Funding is allocated through a competitive grant process by the Evergreen Board of Directors on a quarterly basis.
- Infrastructure support to the service network
- Start-up and service provision grants
- Scholarships to enhance the quality of the provider network
- Public awareness/education
- Fund raising to support Evergreen Foundation activities
- Advocacy on behalf of consumers and the provider community
Evergreen accepts applications four times per year at the end of each quarter on the fiscal year calendar: June, September, December and March.
- View / Download Evergreen’s 2020 990 form
- View / Download Evergreen’s 2019 990 form
- View / Download Evergreen’s 2018 990 form